- Basic Ash Scattering Package Includes: memorial certificate, 4 photos, ringing of 8 bells, and Captain's Prayer
Deliver Your Loved One to Their Final Resting Place Within the Majestic Monterey Bay
We accept cremains from every corner of the globe. For anyone wishing to make the beautiful California coastline their final resting place. For whatever the reason; for those who have been here, lived here, always wished to come here or just wanted to be laid to rest in the beautiful and majestic Monterey Bay, we are here for you.
With photo and video documentation, you can be assured your custom ceremony will be preformed to your specifications. Unless a specific date is provided, all services are performed within one to two weeks of our receipt of your ashes (weather permitting). Once we receive your ashes you will be contacted and informed of the probability of the date for scattering.
On the day of your service, the vessel will depart from Santa Cruz, California and travel into the Monterey Bay. Upon arrival at the predetermined location, the captain will bring the vessel to a rest and commence the ceremony.
Depending on the options chosen for your particular ceremony, there may be a blessing on behalf of the deceased followed by any flowers if you so choose. The date, time and coordinates by GPS (global positioning system) will be recorded by the captain and entered into the ship’s log.
A commemorative certificate stating the loved one’s name, date & time along with GPS coordinates will be sent to the family along with any still imagery or video, whichever was initially chosen.
Our job here at Sea Spirit Memorial is to provide security and peace of mind. Each one of our unattended scatterings will be carried out in a dignified and respected manner that is reflective of the wishes of the family. You can be certain of this with our digital imaging and or video that will be provided to you for sharing with family and friends.
We understand that it’s not always possible or feasible to participate and gather family and friends for these ceremonies but that doesn’t mean they aren’t extremely important. Here at Sea Spirit we understand and bear this responsibility with honor and grace. Simply put, tell us what you need and we’ll get it done.
The health and welfare of our oceans are of the utmost importance to us. Therefore it is important to note that cremains are composed primarily of calcium and phosphorous and thus have no negative impact on the ocean environment or its inhabitants.
- Memorial certificate listing the name of the deceased and coordinates of the final resting place
- Four photos
- Ceremonial ringing of 8 bells, symbolizing the “end of watch” (optional)
- Reciting of the Captain’s Prayer (optional)
- Additional memorial certificate – $2.50 each
- Flowers – $50.00
- Specific music of your choice – $25.00
- Personal prayer reciting – $15.00
- Video package (includes flowers and music choice) – $175.00
- Detailed instructions for how to safely and securely ship remains to Sea Spirit Memorial will be included in your confirmation email.